The Senate shall consist of the following:
(1) (a). The Chancellor who shall be the Chairperson of the Senate;
(b). The Pro-Chancellor;
(c). The Vice-Chancellor;
(d). One Dean to be nominated by the Chancellor;
(e). One member of the Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to be nominated by the Speaker of the said Assembly;
(f). Chief Justice Peshawar High Court, Peshawar or his nominee not below the rank of a High Court Judge;
(g). Secretary of the relevant Administrative Department of Government;
(h). The Secretary to Government, Higher Education Department, or his nominee not below the rank of Additional Secretary;
(i). The Secretary to Government, Finance Department, or his nominee not below the rank of Additional Secretary;
(j). The Secretary to Government, Establishment Department, or his nominee not below the rank of Additional Secretary;
(k). The Chairman, Higher Education Commission or his nominee not below the rank of Director General; and
(l). One person from amongst the alumni of the University to be nominated by the Chancellor;
(m). Three persons from the academic community of the Province of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa or the country, other than an employee of the University, at the level of professor or Principal, to be appointed by the Chancellor;
(n). Four University Teachers, including one Professor, one Associate Professors, one Assistant Professors and one Lecturers to be elected by teachers of their respective cadres from amongst themselves; and
(o). Four persons from society at large being persons of distinction in the fields of administration, management, education, academics, law, accountancy, medicine, fine arts, architecture, industry, agriculture, science, technology and engineering with a view to reflecting a balance across the various fields, to be nominated by the Chancellor:
Provided that effort shall be made, without compromising on quality or qualification, to give fair representation to women on the Senate.
(2) Members of the Senate, other than ex-officio members, shall hold office for three years.
(3) The Senate shall meet at least twice in a calendar year.
(4) In the absence of the Chancellor, meetings of the Senate shall be presided over by such member of the Senate other than employee of University, as the Chancellor may, from time to time, nominate. The member so nominated shall be the convener of the Senate.
(5) Unless otherwise described by this Act, all decisions of the Senate shall be taken on the basis of the opinion of majority of the members present. In the event of the members being evenly divided on any matter, the person presiding over the meeting shall have a casting vote.
(6) The quorum for a meeting of the Senate shall be two-third of its members, a fraction being counted as one.