TThe Department of Political Science was established in 2014.Department offers two programmes in (BS Political Science (4 years); and M.A Political Science (2 years). The political science is one of the major subjects in social sciences and it has direct connection with history, economic, geography, sociology, philosophy and law. The department provides sufficient knowledge and skills to the students through comprehensive coursesto make them well informed in the field of political science.
1. To establish and strengthen relationship with advanced countries.
2. To bring syllabus of the department at par with the department of political science of the developed nations.
3. To carve out the discipline in such a manner that can facilitate the establishment of more departments e.g., Department of Local Government and Rural Development, peace and conflict Resolution etc.
1. To provide young, responsible and energetic leadership for induction to the different levels of elected institutions.
2. To ensure transformation of the political culture of Pakistan through the encouragement of Public-spirited, honest and patriotic leadership.
3. To encourage the induction of such leadership who can ensure decency and fairness in the political processes of the country.
1. To educate the young students of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in the discipline of Political Science. 2. To inculcate among them the sense of responsibility towards the state and society. 3. To impart necessary training to the young graduates to enter into the sphere of politics. 4. To enable them to lead nation in a befitting manner to face challenges of the time.